How to configure Monitor parameters
- Web Monitor to check using web protocols such as HTTP, SMTP, and also using Ping.
- Transaction Monitor to create Monitor based on a pre-recorded web transaction scenario. See How to set up multi-step web monitoring with Anturis Transaction Recorder for more details.
- Local resource Monitor to create network, server or application Monitors to check local intranet resources: server CPU or memory, SNMP-enabled devices, MySQL DB and so on.
Then, for each category Monitor configuration is done in 3 steps:
- On the 1st step monitoring Agent, Monitor type and target host are specified (whatever applicable for a particular category).
- On the 2nd step Monitor type specific configuration is set.
- On the 3rd step you may optionally tune advanced parameters responsible for reducing Monitor blinking.
- Finally you preview the Monitors to be created and can change their names.
Following configuration guides contain detailed information about type-specific Monitor parameters.